[Tweeters] Wall Creeper in Spain today

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:50:48 PST 2019

Hi Tweets, the list is pretty big for the days I’ve been here, considering
there’s no migration going on.
But so far, and likely not to be topped, were the many minutes we had
with a Wall Creeper, in a previously unreported location. We were headed
to the Lammergier (?)
And stopped for a waterfall, I immediately saw an odd bird working on a
rock wall, lots of dampness and insects flying. Got great looks, and a few
photos, which are better than some I’ve taken.
I will give a complete report before I head to Kenya, but won’t be able
to load photos until I get home and edit.
Most of my photos are overly saturated with sun, not in focus, but I
will still post some of them.
Steve West who is the guide and owner of Birding In Spain, is incredibly
impressive with his knowledge, and effort to find the target we are after.
His birding ethics are beyond reproach. And he tries to make sure we get
to spend time watching behavior and getting educated about what’s going on
in our little friends worlds.
Fire Crest is another I have to mention.
We’ve had a long day of driving, hiking, and glad to back at our hotel.
Will try to get completed list out before Kenya in another week or so.
Of course the list will be very long by then!
Happy Birding,
Vicki Biltz
Currently in Northern Spain near foothills of the Great Pyrenees Mountain.
Normal location is
Buckley, WA 98321

vickibiltz at gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saw-whets_new/