[Tweeters] Conservation Genomics Can Help Save Rare Species

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 05:47:25 PST 2019

Hello.

Most of you have heard of the Human Genome Project, but that work launched
a new scientific discipline, known as conservation genomics. This
discipline is beginning to provide important information to scientists that
could help us save endangered species and protect the global environment.
In this piece, I share a new research paper that uses conservation genomics
to investigate the critically endangered Puerto Rican amazon parrot and its
two sister species, the Cuban and Hispaniolan amazon parrots

Conservation Genomics Can Help Save Rare Species

http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2019/02/25/conservation-genomics-can-help-save-rare-species/
tinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/y4hag2sk

I hope you find this study to be interesting and inspiring, and I also hope
that you share it widely amongst your family and friends on social media
(especially facebook) and on twitter.

thank you.

--
GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <https://twitter.com/GrrlScientist>
grrlscientist at gmail.com
Blogs: Forbes <http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/> | Medium
<https://medium.com/@GrrlScientist>
Podcasts: BirdNote Radio <http://birdnote.org/contributor/grrlscientist>
sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [Virgil, Aeneid]