[Tweeters] Varied Thrush and snow

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 07:39:17 PST 2019

Out here west of Belfair and in the Tahuya area we still have several inches of frozen hard snow on the ground in yards and in the woods. The numbers of Varied Thrush has risen to 8, 6 males and 2 females, steadily over the past week since we got the worst of the snow. They feed both on the cleared ground in the driveway, on the snow, and on my deck where I have seed down for them and the plethora of other feather feasters. The Sharp-Shinned hawk who has spent the past 2 night sleeping in a poplar just south of my house hasn't been bothering the birds too much.

Mary