[Tweeters] San Diego or LA area

Jennifer Standish magma1306 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:06:35 PST 2019

For water birds (ducks, egrets, gulls, terns), the San Diego River estuary is nice. There is a park on one side, and on the Seaworld side there is an old road that can still be accessed by car. You can park and walk or bird by car. I was there this time last year and saw thousands of birds.
Balboa Park is also very birdy, as is the zoo. Check out the desert garden in Balboa Park. The zoo is big, but they do offer tram tours.
Another nice spot, further north (near Carlsbad) is Batiquitos Lagoon, with flat trails all along the estuary.
I also had some nice birds at San Elijos Lagoon south of Carlsbad, but check the construction schedule before stopping there.

Jennifer Standish
Bainbridge Island, WA
magma1306 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone