[Tweeters] Edmonds greater white-fronted goose 2-15-19

Dee Dee deedeeknit at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 12:47:44 PST 2019

I have been seeing a lone Greater White-fronted Goose hanging with the Canada Geese that are regularly in Edmonds, nearly every time I have been in town, since last Fall (have reported it a couple of times here in Tweeters but then stopped because figured everyone would be bored to hear it, *wink*). I look for it every time see some of the Honkers and usually have spotted it with them...averaging about once a week or so. I have photos of it but no place to post them.

I have seen it with the Canada Geese both down on the grassy area just south of the ferry dock, but most often (likely because of where I most often walk) at the Civic Playfield. It may also go regularly with the other geese to the field next to the Frances Anderson Center, Bill, but I can’t verify the frequency as I don’t often walk over that way. I can just say that it has been a regular this fall and winter “around town” — many months.

Dee Warnock
Edmonds