[Tweeters] Birding on the Big Island of Hawaii - 51 Species on My Big Day

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 21:37:28 PST 2019

It was by no means guaranteed that I could find my 50 species on a single day in Hawaii.  With the help of excellent local guide Lance Tanino, I just barely did it with 51 species on February 6th.  The saga and lots of photos in my blog post.  That makes 25 states where I have been able to find 50 or more species on a single day.  Lots of fun and some wonderful birds.  It is going to be a very busy spring, summer and fall, but I think I may be able to finish this adventure this year.  Will probably ask Tweeterdom for some help.
blairbirding.com/2019/02/14/the-big-day-on-the-big-island/