[Tweeters] White-throated sparrow, Phinney Ridge

Meg Matthews megmm at uw.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:12:20 PST 2019

I’m almost positive that we have a white-throated sparrow visiting our backyard of the “white-striped” variety identified on BirdWeb. He shows up every few hours in the company of a mixed flock (juncos and some towhees tagging along). So far he seems to like perching in the bare branches of the large, tangled mock quince in our backyard. I’ve seen him around 11 and 1:30 most consistently, sometimes also around 9 and later in the afternoon. He’s been here since Saturday.

If you want to come check him out, the roads are a slushy mess so be forewarned. We’re on 2nd Ave NW between 55th and 56th. Email me and I can give you the details.

--
Meg Matthews
Associate Director, Strategic Communications