[Tweeters] Melanistic sparrow??

Janet Ray janetlaura at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 17:33:01 PST 2019

We have a very shy Song Sparrow with broad white patches on its wings and very narrow white tail coverts. It has been sculking around once or twice since summer but showing up regularly since the snow hit. Never seen one like this before.
I’d be interested in knowing what species your sparrow turns out to be Dave.
Jan
Preston WA (1500’)