[Tweeters] Twin Lakes Snowbirds

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:00:32 PST 2019

Took a walk around Twin Lakes (Federal Way) winter-wonderland earlier
today. There were a lot of American Robins and Varied Thrushes around. The
Varied Thrushes mainly at the hedge of the property bordering on Treasure
Island Park, scratching in the pine needles along the sidewalk on SW 325th
Street. With them was a very tame Hermit Thrush! On Lake Lorene the open
water held the usual Duck species: Mallard, American Wigeon, Bufflehead,
Ring-necked Duck and the continuing single male Canvasback. In addition, a
couple of American Coots and a Pied-billed Grebe were also present.
I had a nice view of three male diving ducks in my binocular view at the
same time: Ring-necked Duck, Bufflehead and Canvasback!

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*