[Tweeters] Varied Thrush - snow habitat in Snoqualmie

CHRISTINE dotlarkin at msn.com
Sat Feb 9 13:01:31 PST 2019

We have 6 Varied Thrushes (and counting) in our yard here in Snoqualmie. We shoveled the snow on our driveway and parts of our grass. Immediately birds came to the exposed areas for foraging. So far there are varied thrush, robin, junco, flicker, bewick's wren, song sparrow and they are all getting what they can in the exposed areas. The Field of Dreams movie is echoing in my head...if you shovel it, they will come!