[Tweeters] Varied thrush in Ballard Lower Sunset Hill

Sharon Howard clmssh at comcast.net
Thu Dec 26 10:22:22 PST 2019

Yesterday we saw our first varied thrush in our front yard hopping on the sidewalk. I was thrilled and wrote to some friends, one of whom saw a varied thrush near her home in W. Seattle on December 24 and a second friend had just seen one on Orcas Island a few days before. I do not know if the 3 sightings tell us anything about the number of these birds or their locations this time of year or if they are unusual here, but I considered our sightings a gift from nature. Happy Holidays.