[Tweeters] Ancient Murrelets 50+, King Eider 0 - Ferndale

Eric Ellingson abriteway at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:23:17 PST 2019

Phil Calise and I searched from an open skiff for a King Eider found off a refinery in Ferndale last week during the CBC. Back and forth we looked thru a few hundreds of mostly Surf Scoters. No such luck. From there we headed out a few miles offshore and found many groups of 5,10 or 20 Ancient Murrelets diving in the choppy water. There were a few dozen Long-tailed Ducks, Common Murre, Pigeon Guillemot around.

https://flic.kr/p/2i4xbQA

Eric Ellingson