[Tweeters] short days birding -- Seattle

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Mon Dec 23 15:08:13 PST 2019

Hello, Tweets, and welcome to longer days,

Yesterday, I accepted an invitation to bird at Discovery Park in the break between rains. Most notable, we thought, was the Orange-crowned Warbler in the brambles where the trail meets the south beach. I appreciated the river otter visit, too.

Today, I was joined at home on Capitol Hill by another bird watcher, perhaps also reviewing the many robins and starlings visiting my neighborhood. A Peregrine Falcon perched on a tall conifer across the street for about 20 minutes during (my) lunch before driving off after some unseen target. Crows found it during its sit, but after only a couple of quick dives only complained a little -- from trees a couple houses away (shades of Peter and the Wolf).

23 December, 2019,

Alan Grenon
Seattle