[Tweeters] NOT A GOOD FINCH YEAR! at Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co)

Allison Reak areak823 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:03:00 PST 2019

My back yard in Seattle has had a non-stop flood of house finches all
winter, as usual, but about 30 percent have one eye occluded by various
deformities, ranging from a slight squint to a pea-sized lump. Almost all
afflicted birds are blind on the right side. No growths have been apparent
on their legs, which is where I have noticed avian pox deformities in past
years, so maybe this is conjunctivitis. Or both. Is anyone else seeing so
many sick birds? It's alarming.