[Tweeters] Gyrfalcon on Fir Island

Pam Cahn puc at pcahn.info
Mon Dec 16 16:39:46 PST 2019

I saw an immature Gyrfalcon at 11:30 this morning at Hayton Reserve on Fir Island. It was perched near the tree with the Bald Eagle nest near the entrance road. After scope and camera views 3 Bald Eagles arrived and after some some circling interaction showing the considerable size difference and apparent lack of immediate intimidation, the Gyr flew off. A good show! Soon after we enjoyed many thousands of Snow Geese in the nearby field, including at least two dark morphs.

Pam Cahn
Seattle