[Tweeters] Whatcom Gyrfalcon

merlinmania merlinmania at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 20:49:26 PST 2019

Marissa Benavente and I found an immature Gyrfalcon east of Lynden today while looking for the previously reported Sandhill Crane. We dipped on the crane, but the gyr seemed like a reasonable compensation. It was along Noon road, north of Van Dyk Rd., east of Lynden.I seem to recall reading about another Whatcom Gyrfalcon recently,  and perhaps this is the same bird, but I don't recall where the earlier sightings were.Good birding,Jim FlynnSeattle, WASent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device