[Tweeters] Owl Kind of Night

T.L. Stokes tlstokespoetry at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 19:00:35 PST 2019

Hello from an Ames Lake conservation forest. 30 minutes ago, around 6:15-6:30 the Barred Owls were quite loud, a screech and calling between one across the road and one in the nest tree close to the cabin, and I thought I heard something else in the distance. Walked up to the main road and sure enough 2 Great Horned Owls were calling close to each other (a male and female) across the road and a short distance to the left just above a neighbor’s small farm. They nest I believe back by the landowner’s farm behind my cabin. Think they were a bit close to the Barred Owls. Super fun to listen to in the dark, foggy night.

Happy holidays from the dark woods!

T.L. Stokes
Ames Lake

Sent from my iPhone