[Tweeters] FOY Wilson's Warbler! West Seattle

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Mon Apr 29 11:04:40 PDT 2019

Hi Tweets,

In my West Seattle yard, I’ve recently been hearing some of my favorite spring returnees without getting confirming photos: Pacific-slope Flycatchers, Orange-crowned Warblers, a couple of possible and then a definite Western Tanager this morning. Oh yes, and I did see a new deck bird for me: a Golden-crowned Sparrow who perched briefly on the rail.

But this morning I was thrilled to see my FOY Wilson’s Warbler, who even obligingly emerged from the depths of the lilac for a photo op. It was taken through triple-paned, green-toned glass but is still a reasonable portrait, here<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/>.

While I’m writing - is anyone else experiencing a Bushtit population explosion? They seem to be everywhere around my yard and adjacent properties. A pair has grown very fond of my study windowsill, spending much of the day dancing up and down the wooden sides, much to the entertainment of the cat safely behind the aforementioned triple-pane glass, a centimeter away. They also regularly scour the wires of the birdfeeders hanging outside the window. I can’t for the life of me see what they’re getting, not even the tiniest bug, but it must be something really tasty and/or valuable.

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle