[Tweeters] Walla Walla County over 200 species for the year

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sun Apr 28 20:21:47 PDT 2019

Hello all,

Fun day birding - Spotted Sandpiper showed up at Rook's Park and
BULLOCK'S ORIOLE was at the Millet Pond - #200 for the county yearlist
and early by a few days.  WARBLING VIREO also at the Millet Pond then a
BAIRD'S SANDPIPER at the Tyson Blood Ponds - our second earliest and
only our third spring record. Stilts and Avocets are back in good
numbers as well as House Wrens and Yellow Warblers. Townsend's Warblers
were found yesterday.

Our yard still a cacophony of White-crowned Sparrows - over 50 of them.
Calliope Hummer in our yard today was our first - but friends had up to
8 hummers at their feeders this morning - Rufous and Calliope. Just now
had 35 Vaux's Swifts over the house -

Happy spring birding - M&ML

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley