[Tweeters] Last Fling

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 05:29:18 PDT 2019

I leave on Monday for  30 days of intense birding in 12 Eastern states plus Nevada (don't ask).  Yesterday was a last fling through Eastern Washington hoping for some of those birds that I will miss in May.  Best highlight was running into Art Wang multiple times.  Otherwise it was probably FINALLY getting a Loggerhead Shrike (FOY) which I was able to share with Art after he had shared a Sage Thrasher with me - both on Vantage Highway.  Amazing movement of bright Yellow Rumped Warblers seen almost everywhere with more than 100 at the Northern Pacific Railroad Ponds in South Cle Elum.  Another real treat was finding 3 or maybe 4 White Headed Woodpeckers at BBQ Flats just beyond Maloy Road.  Singing Nashville Warblers (FOY) were at several spots.  The hummingbird feeders at Hyak are very active again.  Other new birds were Western Kingbird, House Wren, Cassin's Vireo, Calliope Hummingbird, Chipping Sparrow, Dusky Flycatcher, and Townsend's Solitaire.  Some good (and not so good) photos are at  https://www.flickr.com/photos/127293169@N07/albums/72157691113944523