[Tweeters] Eagle sitting on eggs

Gene Beall gene.beall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:48:45 PDT 2019

I live on the east side of Lake Sammamish. About 10 years ago eagles built
a nest in a tall cottonwood in a wetland area a couple hundred feet off of
East Lake Sammamish Parkway. The nest has been used only once or twice over
the years and young have never fledged from the nest. A few weeks ago, we
saw eagles exploring the nest (as happens every couple years or so) and now
for the past couple weeks they appear to be sitting on eggs. Most often we
can just see the top of her(?) head if we can see anything at all, although
sometimes we're lucky enough to see her raise up out of the nest a bit. The
nest is a good 6-700 ft away from the only really clear vantage point I have
been able to find and that is on top of our roof, about 30 feet up. I've
been taking some photos though and of course hoping that we'll eventually be
able to see young ones popping their heads up. A first couple photos are
here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gene-s_photos/with/47516351672/

We'll keep watching.

Gene Beall

Sammamish, WA