[Tweeters] Chuck the Robin

J. Acker owler at sounddsl.com
Fri Apr 5 14:33:01 PDT 2019

Hey Tweeters,

My wife named him Chuck, for reasons unknown. Chuck showed up under our
birdfeeder during the first snowfall of mid-February, as it was the only
area that was cleared from snow. Chuck took over the area, probing for
whatever goodies he could find under weeks of accumulation of seed husks and
shells. He seemed to be able to make a living there, and stayed around
during the two weeks of cold temperatures. I felt a bit sorry for him, and
cleared out more area for him to work. I wondered why he didn't seek out
berries or fruits or whatever else robins exist on when they can't access
dirt.

After the snow melted, Chuck hung around, patrolling under the bird feeder,
even though the yard was now snow free and worm accessible. Chuck then
started showing up at the suet feeder. I've never seen a robin at the suet
feeder before. He was there at least twice yesterday eating suet, and still
patrolling the area under the feeder, doing his thing.

J. Acker

<mailto:owler at sounddsl.com> owler at sounddsl.com

Bainbridge Island, WA