[Tweeters] Snow Geese in Othello

Randy re_hill at q.com
Thu Apr 4 21:22:54 PDT 2019

Friday morning from the top of Saddle Mountain we saw 3000-4000 at the Corfu
farm circles. Around 3pm from O'Sullivan Dam there were closer to 18,000 on
Potholes Reservoir, probably an accumulation of the same group. McNary NWR
saw the first big surge in Snow Geese in the Columbia Basin, I'm thinking 10
or more years ago (the Dennys probably have the timeline). The invasion in
the Portland-Vancouver area is more recent and probably from the
Skagit-Whatcom wintering population.

Randy Hill

Ridgefield