[Tweeters] Camera recommendations for travel

HAL MICHAEL ucd880 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 21:38:19 PDT 2019

I have a Canon 7D with a 300/1.4. Heavy, which makes for problems on some trips like Africa. But, that setup is my camera and binos. It's how I spot birds and ID them most often. For Christmas I got an Olympus Tough that is primarily for snorkeling. But, it has done wonderful settings and process quality sunsets and scenery. But, in order to get great detail pictures of animals I think you'll need a big lens.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
360-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
ucd880 at comcast.net