[Tweeters] Flickers

Marcia Ian gnudle at icloud.com
Sat Sep 29 11:48:48 PDT 2018

Hi Bill!
Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle! Or aunt. The case of my local Flickers is the first time I’ve observed this.

The poem included in what you sent is perfect. I love this - it reminds me of Fred Astaire singing, “while there’s
music, and moonlight, and love and romance, let’s face the music and dance....”

It is not delight in winter that makes feathered voices surge,
But autumnal recrudescence of the amatory urge.
When the frost is on the pumpkin and when leaf and branch diverge,
Birds with hormones reawakened sing a paean, not a dirge.