[Tweeters] Phainopepla

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 15:37:22 PDT 2018

Hi Tweeters,

I did find the Phainopepla near the intersection of Sawmill
and Runnion streets today near Sequim. The bird apparently hangs out in a
partially dead Elderberry bush just a bit north of that intersection on the
Olympic View Trail. The bird would show up and then drop out of sight, so
some patience was needed.

On my way home I stopped by Point No Point and enjoyed
watching the Parasitic Jaegers harass Bonaparte's Gulls. There was also a
nice flock of Red-necked Phalaropes consorting with more Bonaparte's Gulls.

Happy Birding,

Charlotte Byers, Edmonds