[Tweeters] Yakima County Black Phoebe

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:09:58 PDT 2018

Today I stopped by Toppenish Creek at Lateral C in Yakima County and was
greeted with the calls and sight of a Black Phoebe. While I watched and
listened it caught and ate a dragonfly.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/58148027@N07/44849247402/in/dateposted/
It kept calling and foraging during my stay, upstream and downstream.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48729133
I didn't use any playback, pishing or other harassment, as per the <a href="
http://listing.aba.org/ethics/" rel="nofollow">ABA Code of Birding
Ethics</a> regarding rare and sensitive species.

This is probably the same bird I found here in February,
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42556779
which in turn is likely the same bird found here in September 2017.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S39169720

Most cars and trucks slowed, and this time school buses actually slowed as
they drove past me standing on the roadside, perhaps in response to an
email I'd sent to the superintendent with photos of them racing past
throwing rocks and clouds of dust.

Good Birding
Kevin Lucas
Selah, WA