[Tweeters] White dove/pigeon question

Christopher Clark cjbirdmanclark at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 19:41:35 PDT 2018

Hey everyone, so this morning, heading up highway 410 towards Bonney Lake,
I saw 3 pure white pigeons/doves hanging out on one of the light poles.
I've seen them off and on for the past few years, so they're obviously
doing well, even though they were likely either released or escaped from
captivity. But I'm curious, does anyone know what species is usually bred
to be completely white? Or is there more than one? As for size, they
appeared roughly the same size as a Rock Pigeon. Any help would be
appreciated!

Christopher Clark
Sumner, WA

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/155731005@N03/