[Tweeters] Fife Solitary Sandpiper

Christopher Clark cjbirdmanclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:21:35 PDT 2018

Today I made a quick run to the new Brookville Gardens Community Park in
Fife. The bird initially reported by Pat was indeed a Solitary Sandpiper
(thanks Pat!), seen on its own at first but soon joined by a Greater
Yellowlegs. They were both seen in the pond by the railroad tracks. This
park looks like it has some great potential... The ponds look good for
shorebirds in season... In winter maybe some ducks will use them, since
theyre fed by the rain, even though they're quite shallow. The park has
lots of trees around the perimeter, which look good for migrant passerines.
Plus you have great views of the sky, which is good since Fife can have
good birds flying over!

Today in addition to the two shorebirds, I had some very territorial Anna's
Hummingbirds, Downy Woodpecker, Cali Scrub-jay, and a few other common
passerines. I'm definitely gonna add this park to my list of spots I visit
in Fife!

Christopher Clark
Sumner, WA

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/155731005@N03/