[Tweeters] Edmonds Leach's Storm-Petrel

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:58:53 PDT 2018

Hello Tweets,
About 10am this morning I had a distant Leach's Storm-Petrel fly north past
the Edmonds pier. The bird continued north pretty quickly and I lost it as
it headed towards the south tip of Whidbey Island.

Things were fairly slow other than that, but picking up. I had at least 2,
likely 3 Parasitic Jaegers, all light phase adults. Two of them harassed
some very small bird, dark for several minutes. I had my first flyby Black
Scoter of fall. There was also a single Black Turnstone on the breakwater.

Josh Adams
Cathcart, WA