[Tweeters] RFI: The Songfinder- A digital bird song hearing aid

Chazz Hesselein chazz at hesselein.com
Wed Sep 12 14:15:24 PDT 2018

Dear Hearing Impaired Tweeters,

I started birding after I had damaged my hearing.  My lower frequency
hearing is still pretty good but higher frequencies, e.g., many
warblers, kinglets, crossbill flight calls, forget it.  I got some
hand-me-down hearing aids that didn't seem to help much for anything.  I
went online and read the ABA article on high frequency hearing loss
which was pretty favorable regarding the Songfinder hearing aid system.
Do any of you have any experience with Songfinder?  If so, does it
improve your ability to locate birds? How long do the batteries last?
Is it a worthwhile investment?  Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Chazz Hesselein
Port Orchard, WA