[Tweeters] Bald Eagle with wing-tags
Faye McAdams Hands
zest4parus at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:33:57 PDT 2018
Wow! What a cool story!
Maybe we will see Mr. A on Thursday!
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
From: Tweeters <tweeters-bounces at mailman11.u.washington.edu> on behalf of John Riegsecker <jriegsecker at pobox.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 4:25:37 PM
To: tweeters at u.washington.edu
Subject: [Tweeters] Bald Eagle with wing-tags
Sunday I photographed a Bald Eagle at Theler wetlands sporting a yellow
wing-tag bearing the letter A. Photo here:
I sent the photos to Bud Anderson who replied with this information:
We banded this adult Bald Eagle at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
on 7 March 2015. Although the bird has not returned there as far as we
know, it has been sighted 6 other places since.
Here are those data.
1. 18 April 2015............Observed at Magnuson Park in Seattle.
2. 27 May 2015.............Observed at the Cedar Hills Landfill south of
3. 26 November 2015.. Observed at Chehalis Flat, the famous eagle
wintering area on the Fraser River, in British Columbia.
4. 23 March 2018..........Observed at Port Orchard, WA near Bremerton, WA.
5. 10 September 2018..Observed At Theler, Mason County.
So quite the vagabond.
jriegsecker at pobox dot com
Gig Harbor, WA
Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters