[Tweeters] RFI: Chan Chich Lodge Belize

Mike Wile mikewile at comcast.net
Sun Sep 9 18:05:12 PDT 2018

Hello Tweeters

My father and I are looking into spending a few days at the Chan Chich lodge
in Belize to do some birding (hopefully to see a Jaguar and some Mayan ruins
as well). We would be interested in getting the opinions of others who have
spent time there. Specifically, I would appreciate any information on::

1) Overall impression of the lodge and environs

2) Best time to go

3) Recommended length of time to spend there in order to fully bird the
property

4) Are guides required (i.e. is it a good place to bird on your own if
you feel fairly comfortable with your identification skills)?

5) Any recommended off property activities.

6) List of birds seen on your trip if you are willing to share.

Thank you very much for your help and good birding!

Mike

Mike Wile

Redmond, WA

mikewile at comcast.net