[Tweeters] Discovery Park (and Cedar R.), King Cty.

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Sat Sep 8 13:08:48 PDT 2018

Tweets,

I got to the south meadow at Discovery Park in time to see the last pass of a Barn Owl before 7 a. m. Down at West Point, best were two Parasitic Jaegers passing fairly close heading south. There were also a few Sanderlings, Western and Least Sandpipers, and American Pipits. Back inland, an unfamiliar call turned out to be a half dozen Golden-crowned Kinglets mobbing a Barred Owl. I found only one Wilson's Warbler.

I later checked the mouth of the Cedar River in Renton: a lot of swallows, including Barn, Violet-green, and at least one rough-winged; Killdeer, one Semipalmated Plover, one Spotted and a few Least and Western Sandpipers, a kingfisher, and an assortment of ducks and gulls.

Alan Grenon
Seattle