[Tweeters] Blue Jay in Yakima

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:41:25 PDT 2018

Today I heard a single note call a couple of blocks from me that seemed a
bit off for the starlings. Following up on it I found it was a Blue Jay. It
later started calling Jay Jay loudly, quite unlike the other Blue Jays I've
seen here in Yakima. This one's been around for a while. Photo and details
at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58148027@N07/45526054901/in/dateposted/

Jim Cummins will likely have much nicer photos on his Flickr photostream.

If you chase it, please follow the ABA Code of Birding Ethics and refrain
from using playback.

listing.aba.org/ethics/

If you share this on BirdYak or elsewhere, please include the information
about not using playback on rare birds, including the link to the ABA Code
of Birding Ethics.

Thank you and Good Birding,
Kevin Lucas
Selah, Yakima County, WA