[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2018-10-18
Janka and Michael Hobbs
MJCT_Hobbs at msn.com
Thu Oct 18 14:05:28 PDT 2018
Tweets – A gorgeous day, but rather uneventful birding. Very few surprises, but a wonderful time to be out anyway. Temps ranged from 39-64, and the early morning fog burned off quickly.
* Cackling Goose – a couple of big flocks few north before 7:30 – first large flocks of fall
* Ring-billed Gull – First of Fall (FOF), but only 1
* Green Heron – one along the slough
* Barn Owl – Matt saw one, East Meadow, before 7
* SHORT-EARED OWL – FOF – accidentally flushed from east of East Meadow
* NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL – FOF – Matt heard one (maybe 2) south of East Meadow, early
* American Pipit – one flew over us, NE of Viewing Mound
* Yellow-rumped Warbler – our only warblers
For mammals, besides Eastern Gray Squirrel, we had a young buck MULE DEER. Along the near edge of the slough, just south of the Dog Area, was a deceased AMERICAN BEAVER. Looked like it just climbed up out of the water and died. ?!?!?
Misses today included Wood Duck, Gadwall, Virginia Rail, Mew Gull, California Gull, and Lincoln’s Sparrow.
For the day, 53 species.
== Michael Hobbs
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters