[Tweeters] Grant County birding 10.9.18 to 10.12.18

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sat Oct 13 15:32:10 PDT 2018

I birded mostly in Grant County from Oct 9 thru Oct 12.

Potholes State Park - 10.9.18

Red-breasted Merganser - 1

Killdeer

Semipalmated Plover - 3

Pectoral Sandpiper - 5

Least Sandpiper - 12

Long-billed Dowitcher – 26

Peregrine Falcon – adult & juv

Bonaparte’s Gull - 23

Barn Swallow - 1

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

American Pipit - 1

Townsend’s Solitaire - 2

Soap Lake – 10.10.18

Ruddy Duck – pigment challenged; see video

Black-necked Stilt – 1 very late bird; see video

Killdeer

Pectoral Sandpiper - 1

Long-billed Dowitcher – 1

California Gull

Bonaparte’s Gull - 1

American Pipit

Lind Coulee – 10.11.18

Killdeer

Long-billed Dowitcher - 80

Pectoral Sandpiper - 1

Least Sandpiper - 6

American Pipit - many

Potholes State Park – 10.11.18

Semipalmated Plover – 2

Least Sandpiper - 16

Long-billed Dowitcher - 20

Pectoral Sandpiper - 6

Bonaparte’s Gull - 10

Cooper’s Hawk – adult female hunting squirrels in the park

Ruby-crowned Kinglet – a few

Hermit Thrush - 1

Yellow-rumped Warbler - many moved thru

Townsend’s Warbler - 1

Soap Lake – 10.11.18

American Golden-Plover – 1; also seen on 10.12; videos

Least Sandpiper – 1

Bonaparte’s Gull - 1

Also, along Hwy 17 in Douglas County – 10.10.18

Rough-legged Hawk – 3, my first of season

video link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/

--
Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

"what are the costs to a society of an entire population conditioned to spend so much of their waking lives not in concentration and focus but rather in fragmentary awareness and subject to constant interruption?" - The Attention Merchants by Tim Wu