[Tweeters] Palm Warbler and Golden-crowned Kinglet

lsr at ramoslink.info lsr at ramoslink.info
Mon Oct 1 13:36:56 PDT 2018

The pair of Palm Warblers at the Discovery Park lighthouse this past week
were a bit of a challenge to photograph as the birds were in an almost
frenetic feeding pattern. I managed a video but hold on as the birds move
about.

https://youtu.be/NeP7p7gszKc

A few days before, a Golden-crowned Kinglet was equally frenetic in its
preening (this was at Magnuson Park) but at least stayed in one place. This
was actually a surprise appearance--I had been trying to track down a
calling Hermit Thrush when the Kinglet just appeared right in front of me
and began its grooming.

https://youtu.be/ANoS5SWweUk

Scott Ramos
Seattle