[Tweeters] ducks along the Columbia Rover in Clark County

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:14:52 PST 2018

Tweeters,

Duck numbers are on the increase along the Columbia River in Clark County
with White-winged Scoters bering the most surprising. Yesterday, there
were 16, today there are 22!

Viewed from Wintler Park in Vancouver (half way between 1-5 and I-205) on
November 26-November 27:

Scaup (both Lesser, Greater, and unidentified: grew from 120-500
WHITE-WINGED SCOTER: 16-22 (all in two flocks about a 1/2 mile north of
Winter Park on the Washington side
Horned Grebe: 3-20
Common Goldeneye: 120-145

I also saw a female BLACK SCOTER fly upriver with a flock of scaup this
morning from Frenchman's Bar which is west of the I-5 bridge.

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA