[Tweeters] For Birds-of-Paradise, Being Hot Is Not Enough to Win a Mate, They Must Also Have The Moves

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:13:24 PST 2018

hello everyone,

i just published a piece about a hot-off-the-presses PLoS Biology paper
that describes a number of interesting and imaginative experiments used
to show that physical and vocal traits and behaviors evolve together --
which is contrary to what we think we are seeing for most songbirds:

For Birds-of-Paradise, Being Hot Is Not Enough to Win a Mate, They Must
Also Have The Moves
http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2018/11/20/for-birds-of-paradise-being-hot-is-not-enough-to-win-a-mate-they-must-also-have-the-moves/
tinyURL: https://tinyurl.com/ydd9g2lh

I hope you find this piece to be interesting and educational, and of
course, I hope you share it widely amongst your friends and family, and on
social media and twitter.

as always, thank you for reading.

--
GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <https://twitter.com/GrrlScientist>
grrlscientist at gmail.com
Blogs: Forbes <http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/> | Evolution
Institute <https://evolution-institute.org/profile/grrlscientist/?source=> |
Medium <https://medium.com/@GrrlScientist>
Podcasts: BirdNote Radio <http://birdnote.org/contributor/grrlscientist>
Keep up with my writing: TinyLetter <https://tinyletter.com/grrlscientist>
Tiny bio: about.me <https://about.me/grrlscientist>
sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [Virgil, Aeneid]