[Tweeters] WOS field trip, Pierce County

Bruce LaBar blabar at harbornet.com
Sat Nov 17 17:41:22 PST 2018

Some of the highlights from today’s WOS field trip all within Pierce County. The female Redhead remains at the Titlow Park ponds along with at least 2 Eurasian Wigeons. Tried for the Palm Warbler that has been along Ruston Way at the Dickman Mill area for a few days. No luck, by us and several others. At the 134th street in Puyallup, we refound the Clay-colored Sparrow at the end of the road. Walk along the cliff area south, pass the apple tree to the last main blackberry patch. I have has it here several times. Lots of blackbirds, but didn’t pick out the Rusty Blackbird. It was there yesterday and probably is still there. Got message that Janelle Richardson found a Rough-legged Hawk in this area after we left. A very uncommon bird for Pierce County. At the 56th street ponds, there was still one Canvasback. Along 52 street nearby was 49-50 Snow Geese still present.
Great day!
Bruce LaBar
Tacoma, WA