[Tweeters] Tacoma Palm Warbler continues

Christopher Clark cjbirdmanclark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:04:49 PST 2018

A little late, but just wanted to mention that, at about 10am this morning,
the PALM WARBLER at Dickman Mill Park in Tacoma was still present. I saw it
in the dead vegetation above the beach, where it allowed for some excellent
views, before taking off and hiding in the trees along Ruston Way. Looks
like other had it too, according to the ebird reports. My checklist here:

https://ebird.org/pnw/view/checklist/S49972893

Other birds of interest in Pierce County today (though nothing rare):

A male Hooded Merganser along Ruston Way, near the Lobster Shop restaurant.
Wonder if this was the same bird I saw last year in this same spot? A few
Black Turnstones were also present on the wood pilings here, not as many as
usual though. In Fife, Levee Pond had quite a few Common Mergansers, and a
Savannah Sparrow was seen with other sparrows in the community garden. The
56th st ponds in Puyallup had a number of Ruddy Ducks, a couple Ring-necked
Ducks, and the female Canvasback was still present. And finally, 24th st,
along E Valley hwy in Sumner, had a couple Snow Geese seen at a distance.

Christopher Clark
Sumner, WA

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/155731005@N03/
Instagram: @birdmanclarkphotography