[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh red-winged blackbirds 11-13-18

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 09:50:11 PST 2018

I have never been certain if  our local red-winged blackbirds migrate or just hunker down in the marsh for the fall and winter.  Tuesday afternoon I caught a small flock feeding on pine cone seeds at Harbor Square adjacent to the marsh.  I have never seen this behavior in red-wings.  It was one of the same trees where I had  photographed a flock of  cross-bills foraging for seeds a few years ago.

Scroll down page 16 for photos:
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/index.php?threads/wildlife-of-edmonds-wa-2018.16307/page-16

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA