[Tweeters] Anna's Nesting / and FOY Rufous! / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Thu Mar 29 14:17:26 PDT 2018

Well, happened to catch the ANNA’s plucking more fluff from the ball on the deck and straight up she went to the first nest. Not sure if she started three and
now finishing the first, but the one behind the branch has now “bulged” up enough to see her. Still she must be 30’ up! Her nest in on a nicely lichened branch. I do have a small branch covered in lichens too for her to “like” if she so chooses.

But as I was trying to zero in on the nesting activity, a bright orange RUFOUS came in to feed. This is the earliest I’ve ever spotted in the garden. As Virginia told me, “when the currant blooms, the RUFOUS visit.” I have both white (Ribes alba) and pink / Ribes sangineum/atropurpureum.

The VARIED THRUSH still lingering.

Good spring birding to all - near and far.

Caryn / Wedgwood