[Tweeters] Birding in Asturias, Spain?

Meg Matthews megmm at uw.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:12:04 PDT 2018

Good afternoon tweets,

My husband and I are traveling to the region of Asturias, Spain, in early May. While birding isn’t our primary focus, there’s no earthly way I can go without devoting some time to it. If anyone’s ever been out that way, I’d be appreciative of your stories and tips. We plan to spend a day in the Villaviciosa estuary, a rumored hotspot for coastal birding, and in Somiedo and the Picos de Europa, two national parks that have some potentially great life birds.

I’ll report out whatever I can when I return, though as a casual birder it may not be as helpful as many of your trip reports are on this list! Thanks kindly.

--
Meg Matthews
Strategic Communications Manager