[Tweeters] Skagit birding

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sun Mar 25 19:59:30 PDT 2018

At 8:15AM this morning (3.25.18) there was a BARN OWL just north of Rexville as I was on my way to dip on the Snowy Owl that was seen yesterday on Calhoun Rd. After giving up on the white owl, I visited Fir Island, where the adult GYRFALCON was perched on a snag off of Dry Slough Road, as it was last Sunday. After a few minutes it left its tall perch and flew across a nearby field, perching on the ground for a short time. Then returning to the same snag.

I returned to Calhoun Rd. It seems that no one saw the Snowy Owl today. While traveling McLean Road, east of Best Road, I came upon a TAIGA MERLIN.

photos and videos:
http://www.pbase.com/marvbreece/new_images
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/

It was a good day.