[Tweeters] Re: Flicker & Jay help

LARRY BAXTER natural.world.explorer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:39:01 PDT 2018

Flickers come to our suet on a regular basis as do other woodpeckers
including Pileated, so do Western Tanagers and Varied Thrush. We have a
platform feeder that we put a mix of black sunflower and the usual combo
bird feed that you can buy. Also, we take a knife and slice through a suet
cake and put it on the platform feeder as well as sprinkle some on the
ground around the platform. When you slice through the suet cake it will
crumble into tiny pieces. I've never seen woodpeckers go to the platform
feeder, but the Stellar's Jays and Varied Thrush do on a regular basis.

Larry Baxter
Camano Island