[Tweeters] Harassing snow geese question

Carol Perry cdperryx at comcast.net
Sun Mar 18 13:24:41 PDT 2018

I had the great good fortune to see many thousands of snow geese on Fir Island early this morning. There was a large flock there when I arrived, then an even larger flock flew in from the water. There was another couple parked nearby and soon six or seven cars arrived together. Several of the women ran out into the field trying to make the geese fly. I politely spoke to one couple about it and, while they were polite, they seemed disinterested. My questions are: is this behavior harmful to the birds and what, if anything, should I have said? Can anything actually change this behavior?
Thanks, Carol Perry