[Tweeters] Birds changing their tunes.

Izzy & Kendrick gobirder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:07:55 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Many of us have read about or even witnessed ourselves the reality that some of our feathered friends have had to adapt to growing industrial noise in order to be noticed.
Here is a study that focuses specifically on the Savannah Sparrow’s song amidst the sounds of oil and gas infrastructure:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/climate/oil-field-birds-change-songs.html?em_pos=small&emc=edit_clim_20180314&nl=&nl_art=2&nlid=83368244&ref=headline&te=1

On another note, our yard is still being visited daily by large numbers of Pine Siskin. I believe this is the latest we’ve had them here. I’m not complaining, though.

izzy wong
seattle, wa
gobirder at gmail.com