[Tweeters] Snohomish Western Bluebirds

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:16:27 PDT 2018

Around 10:25, I observed one of the Western Bluebirds previously reported
by Josh Adams at the radio towers along Shorts School Rd. in Snohomish
County. It was on a wire fence in front of the towers. However, my look was
brief, as an American Kestrel that had been perched in a nearby tree chased
the bird off and remained on the fence for at least the next half hour. I
could not locate the Say's Phoebe that Josh also reported nearby, but a
Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk that several birders saw last week was only a few
yards away from the earlier location.

Phil Dickinson
Lake Stevens